How to choose the best desk for your children’s room
Finding an amazing desk for your child’s room
Is your child ready for their own desk in their room? More to the point, are you finding your table is constantly piling up with books and paper and a million other bits of stationary? It’s good that children are into writing, drawing and being creative. And it might be time to get them their own place to do some work. Thankfully there’s a lot of good products out there for any parent looking for a good new desk for their children.
What are some of the better kids desks out there?
Let’s dive in and look at some of the best designed (and priced) children’s desks on the market out there in 2019. I’ll cover why I’ve picked them and who they are best for. There’s some really great products floating around, as well as some questionable ones. This guide will steer you in the right direction choosing your child’s perfect desk.
#1 – iDeer Life Children’s Desk and Chair
If you want a good kids desk that’s perfect for boys or girls, then you’ll be pleased to know the first desk I want to talk about can be ordered in PINK or BLUE (shown). This desk is BRILLIANT and it’s also a lot of fun for children. It comes with the seat and both the chair and the desk can be adjusted as your child grows. There’s a STACK of little compartments to put things and a very handy holder for ipad or books.
Why is this desk good?
- For 3 years up
- Includes chair
- Fully adjustable
- Sliding drawer
- Tiltable table
- Ergonomic design
- Loads of storage
#2 – Industrial Kids Locker Desk
With a slightly more mature child in mind, this gorgeous desk from Cuckooland is extremely solid and has a unique look to it. There’s lots of good storage in the drawers to the left, and a large workspace on top for hard working kids.
Why you’ll like this kids desk
- Made from brushed pine
- Plenty of storage space
- Great for a computer
- Lots of work space on top
#3 – Kids Foldaway Wall Mounted Desk
Here’s a clever idea, and something I didn’t even know existed until recently. How’s this for a space-saving desk for a child’s room?
This ingenious desk folds upwards quickly and without any fuss to transform itself into a black board. Not only does it fold away but it’s also got several storage compartments that can hold paper, stationary supplied, books and pens. Brilliant!
- Perfect for smaller rooms
- Folds up quickly and easily
- Lots of sneaky storage space
#4 – Mecor Children’s Desk
One of the things that can help children keep good posture while they’re working is a tilted working surface like this desk from Mecor. Don’t worry if you’re buying a girl’s desk, as the exact same model is available in Pink on Amazon too. Like the school desks they had at my school, this one has a lift up top which makes it a great choice for a child’s room in need of more storage.
As you can see, the chair is ergonomically designed, with a curved backrest to look after your child’s seated position and spine. As for future-proofing, there’s a huge number of possible adjustments you can make to this child’s desk and chair combo so it will last for a long time to come.
- Solid wobble-free desk
- Fully ergonomic
- Desk flips up for lots of handy storage
- Compartments on the top for pens and other stationary
#5 – Kids Adjustable Writing Desk (White)
If you’re looking for a really solid kids writing desk that will be good for years to come, here’s something that’s well worth checking out.
This wooden writing desk for kids is designed to grow with your child and has many levels that it can be set to.
There’s also a nice slide out drawer that will hold an absolute load of pens, stationary and anything else your child wants to stash away inside. There’s a huge writing surface here that can take a computer, or be used for arts and homework.
What makes this desk so good?
- Handmade by Lifetime in Denmark
- 56cm – 78cm adjustments
- Grows with your child
- Designed to last a LONG time
- Very tough lacquered finish
It’s likely that your child will definitely benefit from having their own desk in their bedroom. There’s a good enough range of desks out there online, and on the high street. Whether you’ve got space for a large desk, or hardly any space to spare, you can still get a good writing and working space for your child. Happy searching and let me know if you find anything cool!
Got a question?
Please ask in the comments.
Trending in Kids Rooms
- Essential Children’s Wardrobes UK Shopper Guide
- Picking playroom furniture that you’ll cherish for years!
- Should you create a dedicated playroom in your home?
- Kids Cabin Beds – Full Guide & Info
- Charles Bentley Kids Jungle Safari Table Review
- Children’s Car Beds – A Bright, fun way to move to a ‘real bed’
- Some awesome kids bedrooms
- Amazing Kids Novelty Beds You Can Buy Today
- Choosing an amazing Girls High Sleeper Bed
- How to choose the best desk for your children’s room
- The Ultimate Guide To Kids Wooden Bunk Beds
- Get More Storage With A Child’s Trundle Guest Bed
- Which Baby Cot Attached To Your Bed Should You Go For?
- Space Saving Ideas: Kids Beds With a Desk Underneath
- Is Your Home As Safe As It Could Be For Children?
- Top Boys Beds With Storage
- 10 Kids Toy Box Ideas for 2019 You’ll Love
- Nursery Set Guide
- Stunning Nursery Sets for under £500?
- Unique places to find great stuff for your child’s room
- The difference between fantasy kids rooms and real kids rooms
- Stylish New Grey Nursery Furniture
- Your Little one will LOVE this charming dolls house bed for toddlers
- What is the Ultimate Princess Bed?
- Must See Childrens Toy Storage Units
- You Have To See This Kids Teepee Bed
- Amazing Fire Engine Bed For Kids (UK)
- Web’s Top boys bed with slides in the UK today
- Top Girls Beds With Slides to Buy in the UK