The wonderful world of children’s single beds with trundles
There comes a time in every child’s life when they reach the stage of wanting to have friends stay over. If they’ve got cousins around the same age, it could be they’ll be making a nighttime visit at some point too. Unless you have oodles of space, or a spare room, it might be tricky finding somewhere for them to sleep. Even if you have a spare room, chances are your little one will want them to sleep in their room anyway. One of the best ways to deal with this is the amazing world of children’s trundle beds!
Trundle beds are one of the best inventions ever. Imagine being able to conjure up a safe, secure extra bed without having a guest bed taking up valuable space…
Lets take a look at some of the best kids trundle beds out there
#1 – Oxford Captains Kids Guest bed with trundle bed
My little girl first started mentioning sleep overs when she hit 6 years old. Since then it’s been talked about more and more. One of the things you’ll have to figure out is ‘where are they going to sleep?’ If you’re planning your daughters bed in advance, then it might be worth thinking about when they want to have friends or young family members sleeping over.
This LIGHT PINK (sorry, can’t find a boys equivalent) has a nice big trndle bed hidden underneath it.
I say hidden because when it’s closed you’d never know there was another bed there at all. This children’s trundle bed has three dummy drawers hide the bed away and make for a great design feature. The other three drawers, thankfully, are real ones that can be packed with at least some of the stuff that girls have in their rooms.
- Sleeps 2
- Pull out trundle bed
- 3 spacious drawers
- Wheels on the trundle for easy sliding in and out
Who’s this bed best for?
Classy girls rooms looking for a long term bed, with a proper slide out trundle bed.
#2 – Jula Single Bed for Kids with trundle
This is a really good looking bed with a second bed stashed neatly underneath it. The good thing about these style of beds is that you can drag the spare one out and set it up anywhere in the room, or even in a different room. Another thing I really like with this bed is you still get plenty of storage underneath thanks to the two drawers beneath.
There’s also solid safety rails all around the upper part of this kids trundle bed to prevent anyone falling out of the ‘top’ bed and you can choose which side the entry gap is set to.
A boy or girl’s room that’s short in space looking for a wooden style trundle bed.
- Takes up to 150kg size
- Available in different dimensions to match any room
- Includes 2 mattresses
- Choose installation left or right side
- Two massive drawers
#3 – Jessica Day Bed with Children’s Trundle Bed
If you’re looking for a trundle bed that’s elegant, cool and has some serious style to it, then there’s a really good one over at Cuckooland. The Jessica day bed is from the awesome Julian Bowen and actually doesn’t cost a fortune. Currently just under £290. It offers super-solid construction and a good-sized pullout kids guest trundle bed.
The bed looks just as good when the mini bed has been slid away thanks to the dummy drawers on the side panel.
- From fab Julien Bowen
- Very sturdy
- Dummy door fronts when the bed is away
- Finished in subtle ‘stone’ paint
Get this one if…
You’re looking for something with a classical look and a neutral colour that will fit with any room.
#4 – Noa & Nani Isabella Single Kids Pull Out Bed
Noa and Nani have some gorgeous stuff for kids rooms that’s always a bit different and packed with style and charm. Their Isabella Trundle bed is no exception, featuring solid construction and a pullout bed that can be lifted to the height of the regular bed. This is thanks to two fold down sets of legs that flip easily down after sliding the bed out.
- Solid pine children’s single bed with trundle
- Sturdy construction
- Pullout bed lifts to height of other bed
- Really good Amazon reviews
- Easy to move and put up
Modern looking bedrooms looking for a proper solid bed for young guests to sleep on.
#5 – Demeyere Sherwood Kids Trundle Bed
This is a real gadget bed with loads of places to put toys, books and general children stuff. There’s shelving units at the back and some nice sliding-door storage at the top of the unit. This would be a really fun bed for kids as they can have their favorite toys next to them. My little boy goes to sleep next to stretch Armstrong each night, but you know… whatever works.
Both the bed and the slide-out trundle bed are standard 200 x 90 cm builds and you’ll need to get your own mattresses for this one. It comes in white finish so it will fit nicely with any coloured bedding and its ideal for both boys and girls. It is for ages 6 and up.
- Bed frame for 90 x 200 cm bedding
- Loads of storage space
- White finish
- Top sliding doors
- Years 6 and up
Get this children’s single bed with trundle if…
You really need some space and don’t have a huge area for your child’s trundle bed.
Picking a trundle bed that fits your space shouldn’t be too tricky. And they are one of the best ways to ensure everyone has a great nights sleep when they come to your house. There’s a good range of kids trundle beds out there if you hunt around a bit and bargains to be had. If you’re strapped for space, look for one of the ones with sneaky extra storage spaces and cubby holes.
Got a question?
Please ask in the comments.
Trending in Kids Rooms
- Essential Children’s Wardrobes UK Shopper Guide
- Picking playroom furniture that you’ll cherish for years!
- Should you create a dedicated playroom in your home?
- Kids Cabin Beds – Full Guide & Info
- Charles Bentley Kids Jungle Safari Table Review
- Children’s Car Beds – A Bright, fun way to move to a ‘real bed’
- Some awesome kids bedrooms
- Amazing Kids Novelty Beds You Can Buy Today
- Choosing an amazing Girls High Sleeper Bed
- How to choose the best desk for your children’s room
- The Ultimate Guide To Kids Wooden Bunk Beds
- Get More Storage With A Child’s Trundle Guest Bed
- Which Baby Cot Attached To Your Bed Should You Go For?
- Space Saving Ideas: Kids Beds With a Desk Underneath
- Is Your Home As Safe As It Could Be For Children?
- Top Boys Beds With Storage
- 10 Kids Toy Box Ideas for 2019 You’ll Love
- Nursery Set Guide
- Stunning Nursery Sets for under £500?
- Unique places to find great stuff for your child’s room
- The difference between fantasy kids rooms and real kids rooms
- Stylish New Grey Nursery Furniture
- Your Little one will LOVE this charming dolls house bed for toddlers
- What is the Ultimate Princess Bed?
- Must See Childrens Toy Storage Units
- You Have To See This Kids Teepee Bed
- Amazing Fire Engine Bed For Kids (UK)
- Web’s Top boys bed with slides in the UK today
- Top Girls Beds With Slides to Buy in the UK